Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thoughts whilst lurking

I was lurking about on facebook this evening and came a crossed a profile of one of the more "popular" girls in my high school class whom i wasn't too fond of. While i lurked i kept wondering why i had these ill feelings towards this girl because now that i thought about it she was actually always quite pleasant to me. It must have been her perfectly coifed hair and her always stylish and nice clothing that i so detested.
I remember feeling a distinct sense of inadequacy around girls like that, even with my disillusioned view of their lower intelligence my self-esteem couldn't be tricked into feeling as good or as pretty as they were.

interesting how the mind of a girl works at any age.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Good looking people seem to have it easier, but that's probably not true.

I'm one of those people who can't seem to stay clean, or have neat hair or unbroken nails. Of course, I put very little effort into those things as I am always doing something more interesting to me.