Baking bread is so fulfilling, so methodical, and so rejuvenating. Turning raw ingredients into something people see or smell and say, "Are those for me?" is just an experience quite unlike anything else. Anyhow here are the pictures, I am getting a bit nervous about the next recipes as they deal with more complex pre-ferments such as bigas and poolishs :/ gahhh!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Cinnamon Rolls
Today I made Cinnamon Rolls! While I was letting them proof this afternoon, I listened to a TED talk a friend sent me by the author of the bread book himself, Peter Reinhart. I really enjoy what he has to say about bread, it seems kind of silly but at one point I actually got a little teary listening to him. It made me realize how special baking bread is and how primeval it can be. Here I am doing the same thing that thousands of Bates' have done before me; it is a very comforting thought.
Baking bread is so fulfilling, so methodical, and so rejuvenating. Turning raw ingredients into something people see or smell and say, "Are those for me?" is just an experience quite unlike anything else. Anyhow here are the pictures, I am getting a bit nervous about the next recipes as they deal with more complex pre-ferments such as bigas and poolishs :/ gahhh!



Baking bread is so fulfilling, so methodical, and so rejuvenating. Turning raw ingredients into something people see or smell and say, "Are those for me?" is just an experience quite unlike anything else. Anyhow here are the pictures, I am getting a bit nervous about the next recipes as they deal with more complex pre-ferments such as bigas and poolishs :/ gahhh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment