Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Revolt


So i commited my first major act of rebellion up here. I snuck out. Anyhow so last night cass comes home and sh is talking to her exboyfriend on the phone and she was just bawling. so finally she gets off the phone at like 1 and we sit and talk about what all is going on and then she called nick up to tell him some things that she has procrastinated telling him so they talk until about 2:30 and then cass goes catherine do you want to come to breakfast with me and nick? and i was like sure so we snuck out and met nick and a friend of his from home named matt and we were on our way to idaho falls it was a lot of fun we ened up driving around for about an hour and ahalf before finding a Denny's so we ate and got home around 5:30. Me and matt sort of hit it off like not anything big but we have quite a bit in common. on the ride home i am not sure if it was becausei was tired or what but i felt like there was something there does that make sense? all day i have been telling myself not to get my hopes up and voicing this makes me feel like i am jinxing it. i saw him before biology today he was there talking to a counselor he is coming here for winter semester i am excited he is a very nice boy. I have done a lot of writing today it has been nice i can't remember the last time i sat and wrote like i did last night and today it was very pleasant.

I roll the window down and then begin to breathe in
the darkest country road and the strong scent of evergreen
from the passenger seat as you are driving me home
Then looking upwards I strained my eyes and tried to
tell the difference between shooting stars and satellites
from the passenger seat as you are driving me home

Do they collide? I ask and you smile.
With my feet on the dash, the world doesn't matter.
When you feel embarrassed then I'll be your pride
When you need directions then I'll be the guide for all time
for all time...

-Death Cab for Cutie, Passenger Seat

No comments: