Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am feeling pretty good about my vacation thus far. mary seems to be enjoying herself and that makes me happy. We will be going to my aunts in about an hour to stuff ourselves and then sleep in the mean time here is another entry for my personal history

“And I shall have some peace there for peace comes dropping slow”


My first semester of college was quite stressful. Prior to college I had lived in the same house my entire life, I had never gone to another ward or had a different address or phone number. I was quite content in my little rut. As I experienced all the new faces and places of Rexburg Idaho I longed for some remnant of home. As a searched for some feeling of comfort I stumbled upon a relatively overlooked resource on campus, the Taylor Chapel. I don’t remember the first time I experienced the warmth and comfort I feel every time I enter but I do know that I am now addicted. Every week I try and spend at least two hours in this wonderful place. Without these private hours I think I would be a wreck. I go there to unwind, to read my scriptures and to feel the spirit. When I am aggravated that is the first place I think to go, if I am in need of comfort, if I have a problem this is my solace, the place I feel so close to my Heavenly Father.
Many times I have gone to this place feeling like I just couldn’t handle life anymore the stress and the sadness overwhelming me. When I would sit and ponder or on occasion the moment I would walk in the door I would experience a giant feeling of relief overcome me. As I would sit and cry or think or pray this feeling would remain to comfort and uplift me. The Taylor Chapel is an extremely important aspect of my life at BYU-Idaho. Without it my experiences up here would be completely different and a lot more miserable. I am so thankful for the opportunity to use this wonderful building in such a way. I know that through this holy place I can receive the wisdom, comfort, and guidance I need to make it through college successfully and sanely

1 comment:

Eric said...

I hope I'm not coming off wierd--I don't even know your name.

I have put a link to your blog on my website to try to show my apperciation. I appreciate your comments...but I don't even know your name. 'Emily's sister' is all I can see.

I was just wondering if I can get a name/face to put with the posts...the internet is unique in that you can 'meet' a person without seeing either first.

Looking forward to meeting you--

Eric Myers
28 years old--Brigham Young's 'menace to society' =)