Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I dreamt i reset my alarm clock for 10 this morning i woke up half way through my aerobics class at 9:40 and realized it wasn't a dream. I got up and hung out with cass, slept a little more and revised my Books to Read list it includes:

The Big Rock Candy Mountain-Wallace Stegner
The Belljar- Sylvia Plath
Farewell To Arms-Ernest Hemingway
Mrs. Dalloway-Virginia Woolf
On the Road- Jack Kerouac
A Sense of the World- Jason Roberts
Banvard’s Folly-Paul Collins
East of Eden-John Steinbeck
The Poisonwood Bible-Barbara Kingsolver
Catch-22-Joseph Heller
The Fountainhead-Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged-Ayn Rand
The Name of the Rose- Umberto Echo
A Brave New World-Aldous Huxley
Beloved- Toni Hillerman

Tell me what am I missing? That is my plan for this summer to read all of these books and some more. I feel crumby today maybe it is just cause cass is really sad or cause the weather sucks butt i don't know i am just sad.

This afternoon i read this wonderful blog there are few blogs that i actually go into the archives and read the entire thing but this was one of them and it was a pleasant experience i suggest you check it out well i am off

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can never stop read The Great Gatsby enough times. Don't know why I like it so much, but it just is the perfect summer pool time read.

Another is Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy. Even if you're not into Sci Fi, you should get a kick out of the first one (much better than the movie).

T.R. said...

Don't read Atlas Shrugged (unless you are much more patient than I am).

Do read Endurance by Alfred Lansing.

Anonymous said...

That's a great list. Very ambitious.