Sunday, May 18, 2008

the end of an era

or so it feels

Today i did it. Probably, aside from jumping off that stupid bridge, the gutsiest thing i have ever done. I told preston how i feel about him.

he came over we talked about whatever for a while, i was freaking out i almost didn't do it but then i remembered how crappy this week has been anticipating and so i said i have feelings for you....i told him how i was sick of waiting and that i felt like i needed to make sure nothing between us could happen before i moved on. He told me he really valued my friendship and that he cared about me but that that was where it needed to stay.

I only cried a little when he was here when i told him i felt like he was one of the few people i have felt cared about me as much as i cared about them.

It was weird, the moment i told him i felt this overwhelming sense of relief.

I went to Brikaeli's and cried for a while but while I sat there talking to her and her mom i felt really peaceful sad but like everything would be ok

right before he left he told me that I needed to dive into dating with the same sort of bravery it made me want to punch him in the face and hug him at the same time

It is strange i have the feeling like at the beginning of a school year or when i think about graduating from college i feel like there are so many possibilities which is weird because nothing is different.

I really hope that Preston ends up with someone amazing, someone who will love him as much as I know i would.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Catherine I am so proud of you. You just made the biggest breakthrough for your progression in life (so far). Your at the next level. I just hope you know that you are the best thing that could ever happen to anyone. Really

Tyleen said...

I too am proud of you Catherine. That took guts and I hope that you are glad you did it because I think its great you took that step. I love you and I am so glad you are my friend!!