Friday, July 11, 2008

nerves

make me insecure

of course at ten to seven
all the sudden my perfectly coiffed hair
begins to look flat
and i can now see bulges that
i thought four weeks of running had gotten rid of
my hands are dry
i smell like fried food

my teeth aren't as white as i'd like
and my roots are showing

suddenly the thought of going out
without my sweatshirt is unbearable
i curse as i hastily change

so maybe i will bring lotion
and smile with my mouth closed

or maybe i won't

2 comments:

Tyleen said...

catherine i hope you had so much fun! i am waiting to hear about your night. can't wait to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Um...I love you and I love your poetry. I miss you and you should check out my blogspot! Keep it real and hold off on the sex appeal!


Maddi Capri